Sunday 22 February 2015

FIRST POST! 21st Feb 2015: Pitt Cue Co, London, England

Welcome to my first post!

As well as this being a good place to store my thoughts on my culinary/tipsy travels, I hope for you (the reader) it will provide an interesting and non-biased place to visit for if you want to try something a little bit different. I'll also provide any little tips and tricks I pick up along the way for you to bear in mind if you choose to visit any of these delicious spots!

So, yesterday (21st February 2015) was a pretty busy day for me, and here is the first place I visited (I shall mention my other visits on a separate blog post)...


Approx 1pm - 2pm
Pitt Cue Co
1 Newburgh Street, London, W1F 7RB
http://www.pittcue.co.uk

Pitt Cue Co is a place that I have visited a couple of times before, and every time is an absolute pleasure. In short, it's pretty hipster-y, and EXTREMELY popular, and once you make your first visit you'll understand why (because it's awesome).

The first thing to bear in mind when visiting PCC is that there is no booking - you simply have to turn up and queue. And, when I say queue, do be prepared to do this if visiting at peak times! My visit yesterday was just for lunch, and I managed to get a seat at the bar straight away. However, for tables
of 2 or more who wanted to dine downstairs there was a wait of up to 20 minutes. Lunch and dinner opening times can be found on their website.

Here's a litte sneak-peek of their food menu:

They also have a pretty impressive selection of decent Bourbons and cocktails (if you've arrived there expecting a vodka and coke you probably won't get one!). I went for a Rhubarb and Rye cocktail, which consisted of rhubarb, rhye, blood orange, sweet vermouth and bitters. I found the rye to be quite overpowering, and not much rhubarb taste came through, but it was still pleasant.

From previous experience, their cocktails are of a good quality, and their Picklebacks are a must!


For food, I decided to go with one of their specials, which was smoked duck neck. Overall I was a little disappointed with this - it came out dry spare-rib style, and there wasn't much meat on those bones. The taste however was nice, and the meat was deliciously crispy. And, of course, for my sides I just had to go for the bone marrow mash and the green chili slaw - if you do go to PCC, you cannot leave without trying these two dishes! Thee bone marrow mash is soaking in the most wonderfully savory gravy and butter - probably in my top 2 mash's ever (I know my mash!), and the green chili slaw has a really pleasant kick.


My bill for all of this food came to around 25GBP, and as the service was pretty good I was happy to pay their optional service change.

Overall, a great visit to Pitt Cue Co - highly recommended!

ThymeTip: GET THE MASH!

Food: 7/10
Drinks: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Fun-ness: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment